7 Advantages of Double A Paper
Everything is in the fiber, and Double A’s high fiber content makes it the best copy paper for high-speed machines.
Here are seven reasons why:
• Good Runnability: Our precision rotary paper cutting machines significantly reduce paper jams in copiers, a quality proven in a tough ‘No Jam’ Runnability test performed under independent laboratory conditions in which 60 pages per minute were copied for 24 continuous hours.
• Printing Sharpness: Double A’s smooth surface allows for good toner transfer, making copies as sharp as
• Excellent Smoothness: Double A’s smooth surface gives it a high quality touch and makes for effortless copying, especially in high-speed machines.
• Bright Appearance: Double A’s 148-151 CIE whiteness provides high print contrast and resistance to fading.
• Enhanced Copier Performance: The sharp blades on our advanced sheet cutting machines result in a lower dust content when printing or copying, prolonging the life of office equipment.
• Two-Sided Use: The high opacity and excellent formation resulting from Double A’s high quality fiber allows double-sided use.
• Longer Storage Period for Documents: Acid free paper has longer shelf life, making it perfect for storing documents.
Double A Paper Properties
Double A has 30 million fibers per gram, a unique characteristic that gives Double A its:
• Smooth surface
• High density
• High opacity
• Low ash content
• Good formation
Smoothness is a measure of the flatness of a paper’s surface and affects how it moves through a printer or copy machine. A smoother surface also has a high-quality feel, is pleasing to the eye, and is particularly well suited to high-speed machines.
Roughness is taken into account when measuring a paper’s smoothness, and the lower the number the better
the paper. Paper roughness varies from the top of a sheet to the bottom due to gravitational forces.
Bending strength improves a paper’s contact with the copy machine and prevents tearing – the higher the bending strength the better.
Another property of good paper is density, which refers to its strength, smoothness and opacity –the higher
the density, the smoother the surface, but with lower opacity and strength.
Opacity is the measure of how much light is prevented from passing through a sheet. High opacity is usually associated with high filler content and results in a high ash reading under test conditions. Double A’s opacity comes from the unique features of its pulp, giving it high opacity with low ash content.
Ash Content is another key to good paper formation – a property that is associated with filler use, high ash content equals high filler content.
Formation is an indicator of how evenly fibers and fillers are distributed in a paper sheet. Paper with poor formation has an uneven surface with thin spots and thick spots.
Light fastness is a good indicator of a paper’s resistance to fading or change of color when exposed to sunlight –
the longer the line, the longer a paper will retain color.
No Jam Runnability Test
Double A paper passed a ‘No Jam’Runnability test for the continuous copying of 100,000 sheets of Double A 80gsm paper though a high-speed copy machine with no jamming. Conducted under independently controlled laboratory conditions at a leading copy machine manufacturer and Double A Research Center, the tough ‘No Jam’ test confirmed that when we say ‘No Jam’ –we mean it.
Double A differs from other copy paper brands in many ways, but it all starts with our revolutionary model for sourcing short fiber – ‘Paper from Farmed Trees’.
The result of more than 25 years of research and development, Double A's hybrid Eucalyptus tree, which is fast-growing and ideally suited to Thailand’s soil and climatic conditions, is known today as the Double A Paper Tree andis planted on hitherto unused strips of land by more than 1.5 million farmers nationwide through our ‘Paper from Farmed Trees’, or PFFT, program.
The Fruits of PFFT
• Encouraging farmers to grow the Double A Paper Tree on their paddy ridges increases green areas that absorb
the carbon dioxide that causes global warming and climate change.
• The PFFT program generates 5 billion baht in additional income for Thai farmers, supplementing what they earn from primary crops such as rice. No initial investment is required to participate in the program, other than some available land, tools and labor, and when the trees reach maturity, the farmers simply sell them back to Double A for paper production. With social responsibility as paramount to the company as environmental responsibility, we are pleased that the extra income received through the program enhances the quality of life in our country’s farming communities.
• At Double A, no waste is wasted: all byproducts and leftovers from pulp and paper production are put to good use generating climate-friendly energy. Tree bark, woodchips, lignin and black liquor are used to generate biomass energy to power the factory, and excess energy is sold to the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT) for local community use.
420 x 297mm
500 sheets, 1 ream
2 Side Copying